Day 4 in Taiwan - Beef Noodles, After Warning Siren

 28 April 2015 - Day 4

Let me refresh back my journey so far in Taiwan. Day 1 in Taiwan I can say it was a huge challenge and "dugaan". I never stop praying to Allah, permudahkan perjalanan dan segala urusan di Taiwan. I almost gave up because I couldn't find any of Halal Beef Noodles surround Songshan area as one of blogs mention about it. According on people at that area, that Ai Jia Beef Noodles were closed. Yeah I do feel a lil bit hungry cause it almost 2pm though. I never gave up, I keep on search and searching which restaurant that has no particular office hours. Oh I've forgot to mention that certain restaurant in Taiwan have their own office hours. So you need to be alert on it.

Yeah, I do feel kinda stressful for past 3 days, because I have to go that certain places according to the plan. I can tell, it cost a major stressful though cause I need to rush go one place to the other places as I planned. Even worst, I do not how to withdraw cash money out from ATM machine at the local bank in Taiwan haha!! As I said before I never gave up, I'll kept on trying and figure out how to withdraw some cash out of the Taiwan's ATM machine. Guess what? I manage to make withdrawal though hehe.

People surround in Taiwan are friendly and I feel safe walking all around the Taipei City. Oh yeah, I suppose went to Hualien, Shifen, Jiufen and I can't remember what is that place call as. Since it cost me NTD7000 for hired a taxi on the whole day, so I decided not to go. When I checked on YouTube channel one of the V-Logs, eventually I can go there by a train in cheaper cost. OMG!!!hahah!!

On day 4 I decided not to do planning wherever I want to go. Just follow the trail hehe. I woke up kinda late though around 900am since I have my own privacy so I don't have to worry about waiting for a turn to use washroom and bathroom.

Oh I've forgot to mention that I've met a group of Malaysian at Taipei 101 on Day 3. They were quite shocked though, I've said I were all alone and that is my 3rd day in Taiwan. They've asked me, am I have been to Taiwan before and I replied them that "Nope this is my first time". I asked some question to their guide where to find Halal food surround the city and Ximending. His name is Ismail and he's Taiwanese, he recommended me go to one of beef noodles surround the Ximending area, he gave me the shop name in Chinese and he translate it where it's location.

I guess I forgot to mention about my shopping trail inside the Taipei 101 shopping mall. I can tell damn exclusive though if you're looking for a branded stuff you may shop til you drop. The supermarket, more likely Tai Kiong Supermarket to me, surprisingly I saw a giant durian at that supermarket. 3 times larger than our local durian hehe. I just grab some milk, bread, potato chips, chocolate for me to much on. Some part of Malaysian food also you can found at that Supermarket but do not expect it to be cheap you know it's a imported food. Hehe...

Okay let me get back to the story on Day 4. Sorry for that, coin laundry just next to the hotel that I stay in Ximending. As usual everything is in Chinese hehe. I found it convenient to me because that laundry shop has a dryer machine so that I won't have to worry about if I have inadequate of clothes to wear on.



Keep on spinning and spinning hehe...


While waiting for the dryer done, so let me take a selfie.




Here's the Halal Beef Noodle at Ximending area. See everything goes smoothly as is not been planned.


What shocked me a lot, I've thought the beef portion kinda small and just enough for 1 person. When the owner came by with my order, OMG this is not for 1 person meal, it's for 2 or 3 haha!! 3 times a lot than in our hometown Miri, Sarawak. I recommend you to eat spicy beef noodles though, no need to worry I even can't taste any spiciness in it hehe. I'm not a type of person that eat spicy food. 


Luxurious amount of beef

I can't remember what is this call as but on picture it does look small but you see it in 3D it's huge hahah!!

Consider it as my brunch of the day. Hehe ... 

Here comes the scariest moment, after I done my brunch, I wanted to find some pants around the Ximending area since it's soooo cheap and branded too. You all know right when the Warning Alarm Siren has been alert in city it means something not right. Am I right? I never heard that such of siren before, so I just ignore it since everyone acting normal as if nothing happen. But I noticed that most of the shop packed their thing and close the shop. That's makes me wondering what is going on here. By the time I wish go to the other places, 2 guards on the street put on their whistle and scream in Chinese saying that, do not stand over there go under building and do not across the street. From that moment a lot of question mark started popping up on my head. Oh God, what is happening right now, I asked people next to me they even did not have any clue what is actually happen because they're not local people though same as me a tourist haha!! 

By the time, my friend text me that actually past few days ago Taiwan were attacked by an earthquake. I started to pray deep inside my heart hopping that nothing happen. Imagine that the city that seems so busy you can hear motorcycle and cars turn up so silent. I just follow what the security asked us to do. Standing under the building until the next following instruction. I guess we were stucked there about an hour. Right after the 2nd time siren been alarmed the guard allowing us to cross the street I guess I means the situation is safe I guess. Kinda scary though, cause I never been experiencing such moment before. 


Here's the video shown what is going on that day.




As I continuing on my journey, I found this hotel building Amba. F,Y.I AMBA Hotel served Halal food, if you're looking for a Halal Breakfast this is one of the best place for you to stay.

At night time, I'm going for a food hunt. There's plenty of Halal Restaurant nearby Taipei Arena. In order to get here, you need to use the Green Line MRT and stop at Taipei Arena Station. Taipei Arena where's you can see the athletes working out, people do some jogging, tai chi and many more. Imagine at 800pm a lot of people are flocking around the fitness area and do their exercise.


Alrite here I am and again do not rely on google map much, it won't help much. This restaurant just next to Taipei Arena but it gave a direction go circling around Taipei Arena and there I can found this restaurant. Gosh. I were entering the Halal Bismilla Restaurant. But one thing I've forgot to mention as soon as you enter any 7E or restaurant or whatever it is, do not reply if you listen the shopkeeper more likely saying that "GOOD MORNING. It isn't good morning haha!! They said Hello Welcome in Chinese it more sounds like good morning. So keep aware on it. hehe




If you're happen to order some food, one thing you should aware that each portion of isn't for one person. More likely for 2 or 3 person hehe.. 
I ordered a Pineapple Fried Rice (damn a lot, with fresh pineapple, chase nut, fresh prawns oh gosh) and some vegetables. Can I finished up all of those meal? NO! Damn a lot though haha. I have to tapau so I can eat it for my breakfast on the next day. 



She does look alike my sister heheh ...



Some list of Halal Restaurant in Taiwan where you can get it from Taipei Grand Mosque, at Muslim's Council.




The air so fresh .. makes me feel easy to walkby





Ice-hockey?? This my my favourite sport. Inside it feels like freezing as if you're in a North Pole haha!!










Am I lucky or what. Katy Perry is performing in Taipei Arena yo ... I've met these two lovely gals, they're selling some Katy Perry merchandise outside of the Taipei Arena where Katy Perry's concert is.



My tapau ...


As a fan it's must to buy Katy Perry's merchandise hehe. When the concert was over, everyone started rushing out from the Taipei Arena and running somewhere else as if like Katy Perry was one certain point of places hehe.. 

I have a blast and enjoyfull moment on my fourth day in Taiwan. So stay tune for my fifth day. hehe. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fly to SIBU

Boba Milk Tea Phenomenon

FUTURE